PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
As provided by law, we are generally prohibited from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a third party unless we provide you with this notice of our privacy policies and practices, describing the type of information that we collect about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Bernier Insurance Inc.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive by you on your application for insurance, or other forms you submit to us, from your dealings with us, and from our website.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others.
- Information about you from third parties – for example, state motor vehicle departments, consumer reporting agencies, or medical professionals.
THE INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you except as permitted by law. In some cases information will be disclosed to third parties without your authorization. Some examples:
- To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us.
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction.
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to which we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you.
- To a medical care institution or medical professional in order to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem of which you may not be aware, or conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment.
- To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities.
- To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect information about you. Our employees are educated on the importance of maintaining the standards we have in place.